Re: Novell eDirectory vs. openldap

On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 09:36:47PM +0200, Marc Schoechlin wrote:
> How different are the schemes of a novell-nds/e-directory and openldap ?

I don't think this will be your major problem. Both servers can have their
schemas extended.

> Is there some documentation available which describes this task in detail ?

That I would like to read too.

> Is it possible to use a openldap-server as a backup-directory for
> a novell-nds system ?

I don't think so. Even if you use scripts to periodically fetch changes from
the NDS system (via ldapsearch, whatever), you won't have access to, for
example, the users passwords.

I would also appreciate any news on this topic.