Re: More password questions

On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 11:38:54AM -0700, Jadick, Joe wrote:
>    After failing with the standard passwd command (see below), I tried
>    ladppasswd and received different errors:

Try it with the -x parameter, for simple binds. It will then update the
userPassword attribute with whatever hash your server is configured to
use.

I suspect you are suffering from the crypt() problem. Depending on how
your slapd server was linked, it might have sucked in crypt() from openssl
and not glibc. These are different implementations. Newer openssl is
supposed to have this name clash removed.