[Date Prev][Date Next]
objectClass for a mailing list in a shared address book
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: objectClass for a mailing list in a shared address book
- From: Kent Tong <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 09:45:34 +0800
- Organization: CPTTM
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624
I am setting up a shared address book using OpenLDAP 2.0.27.
on RedHat Linux 7.3. It works fine. I can create an
inetOrgPerson for each mail user. However, we have some
mailing list (mail group) addresses that we would like to
publish in the address book. Logically we shouldn't use
inetOrgPerson for this because it is not a person at all
(usually a mailing list represents a division or a project
team). What objectClass should I use?
Thanks in advance for any advice!
Kent Tong, Msc, MCSE, SCJP, CCSA, Delphi Certified
Manager of IT Dept, CPTTM
Authorized training for Borland, Cisco, Oracle, RedFlag & RedHat