RE: Alternate names in certificates

This is a known limitation (bug) in OpenSSL 0.9.6. I don't recall if it's
been fixed in 0.9.7 or 0.9.8. (That is, extensions in the cert request are
not propagated into the signed certificate.) You could browse the ChangeLogs
and find out. But this is fodder for the openssl-users mailing list...

  -- Howard Chu