TLS/SSL Working (Somewhat)

I have TLS/SSL working locally on my machine.  After starting the
server, if I perform an ldapsearch from machine1.example.com:

ldapsearch -U jdoe@machine1.example.com -Y digest-md5 -H
ldaps://machine1.example.com -b 'dc=machine1.example,dc=com'
'(objectClass=*)'

everything works just fine.  But, If I ssh to machine2.example.com and
perform the same search:

ldapsearch -U jdoe@machine1.example.com -Y digest-md5 -H
ldaps://machine1.example.com -b 'dc=machine1.example,dc=com'
'(objectClass=*)'

it fails.  I am getting the following output from the client:

ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Can't contact LDAP server (81)

and the following output (excerpt) from the server:

TLS trace: SSL_accept:before/accept initialization
tls_read: want=11, got=0
TLS: can't accept.
connection_read(13): TLS accept error error=-1 id=0, closing

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

--
Jason L W Lynn <jlwlynn@uab.edu>