Re: Slightly OT: Sun ONE DS vs OpenLDAP

Rigler, this is a too politic question, and you will get an answer and
another and another, some with a very politic answer, some others with a
very inclinated fashion, and etc..

Well, We are running several OpenLdap and serveral SunOne Directory
Servers.

In the last 2 years, I have had like 4 or 5 crahshes with OpenLdap, I
still want to see the first Crash of a SunOne Directory Server.

OpenLdap is very portable, you have that in your favour, but SunOne DS
is a better supported platform.

Sunone has a better administration toolkit, the Console is fairly right
and simple to use, OpenLdap still needs a a good Interface for the
administration.

You also have the Cluster thing, You can doit with SunOne services, but
how to do a Cluster with OpenLdap? I dont know how yet, may be somebody
can point us out..

For the rest of things, both are good platforms, If I need to go over
Solaris, I will go with SunOne, If I go with Linux or any flavor of BSD
I will do it with OpenLdap.

Regards

--
Gustavo A. Lozano                                 Noldata Corporation
glozano@noldata.com                               Calle 46 No. 40-19

            I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought,
               but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
                                                       Albert Einstein

This Message has been scanned for Virus Content using RAV Antivirus.
Get your copy of RAV Antivirus at Noldata, send mail to
sales@noldata.com                http://noldata.com