Re: PASSWORDS (2)

Hi.

> this script insert userPassword field in LDIFF file from
> /etc/shadow file .
> My question is: what must be the password-hash field in slapd.conf?
Whatever you want to use for password hashing after LDAP password change
operation.
It does not affect authentication process via LDAP.
Try to trace session between LDAP client and server to check what's going on
during authentication phase.
I would recommend to turn off SSL/TLS, if you use one, and run a sort of
sniffer software against the session you are tracing. Usually it shows TCP
level for well-known protocols in quite friendly manner. :-)
Maybe this is not very good advice but for me it is easier to  analyse TCP
session than to sort out poorly documented slapd syslog stream. :-)