Re: Still I am uanble to execute ldapsearch

shreedhar wrote:
Hello Chris,

[root@devserv Lucid]# ldapsearch -b -x "o=stixen.co.uk,c=uk"
"(objectclass=*)"
 dn
SASL/DIGEST-MD5 authentication started
Please enter your password:
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Internal (implementation specific) error (80)
        additional info: SASL(-13): user not found: no secret in database

where I gave password as 'secret', whcih I had given in slapd.conf.

Thanks & Regards, Sreedhar Bhaskararaju ----- Original Message ----- From: "Christian Pohl" <list-openldap-software@mail2news-gw.secaron.de> To: <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org> Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 12:20 PM Subject: Re: Still I am uanble to execute ldapsearch

shreedhar wrote:

Hello Chee Wai,

I run the ladpadd command as you says. with 'Test2.ldif' <Which consists

of

Root dn > and 'Test1.ldif' <Which consists of sub dns>

now path given in slapd.conf filled with following details (i.e
/home/shreedhar/ldap/Lucid).

[root@devserv Lucid]# ls -l
total 168
-rw-------    1 root     root         8192 Jun  3 11:05 __db.001
-rw-------    1 root     root       270336 Jun  3 11:05 __db.002
-rw-------    1 root     root        98304 Jun  3 11:05 __db.003
-rw-------    1 root     root       368640 Jun  3 11:05 __db.004
-rw-------    1 root     root        16384 Jun  3 11:05 __db.005
-rw-------    1 root     root         8192 Jun  3 11:05 dn2id.bdb
-rw-------    1 root     root        32768 Jun  3 11:05 id2entry.bdb
-rw-------    1 root     root        56164 Jun  3 11:06 log.0000000001
-rw-------    1 root     root        20480 Jun  3 11:06 objectClass.bdb

While running ldapadd I got some output. I am attaching that output with
this mail for analysis

If I run search command I got the following information. (Success
information)

[root@devserv stixen]# /usr/local/bin/ldapsearch  -D
"cn=Lucid,o=stixen.co.uk,c=uk"  -b "o=stixen.co.uk,c=uk" -x -w secret
'ojectclass=*'
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <o=stixen.co.uk,c=uk> with scope sub
# filter: ojectclass=*
# requesting: ALL
#

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 1

But if I tried to search other entires like may name

[root@devserv Lucid]# /usr/local/bin/ldapsearch  -D
"o=stixen.co.uk,c=uk"  -b "cn=Shreedhar B,c=uk" -x -w secret

'ojectclass=*'

ldap_bind: Inappropriate authentication (48)

May I know what is the problem in this.

Many Many thanks for your kind cooperation.

Regards,
Sreedhar

Hi Sreedhar,

compare your 1st ldapsearch with the 2nd one. You'll see that you
misspelled the bin-dn '-D' in the second one.

try ldapsearch -b "o=stixen.co.uk,c=uk" "(objectclass=*)" dn

this should give you _all_ DNs that are stored. (I don't know your ACLs,
but default it's read by all)

Chris

--
Christian Pohl
»|secaron

--
The From: and Reply-To: addresses are internal news2mail gateway

addresses.

Reply to the list or to Christian Pohl <pohl@secaron.de>

If you do not make any authentication, leave away the '-x'.

--
Christian Pohl
»|secaron

Reply to the list or to Christian Pohl <pohl@secaron.de>