Re: Are you using OpenLDAP with IPv6, and how useful is it to you?

On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 09:18:45AM +1000, Dave Horsfall wrote:
> > I think it's best if you send replies directly to me, since most won't
> > be all that interested. Although I might post a summary to the list.
>
> Please keep replies on the list.  I asked the same question a while
> ago, asking whether anyone was using it, and got zero response.
>
> The reason I asked is that on the FreeBSD port, it's configured with
> IPv6, which simply does not work (slapd starts and listens to both
> IPv4 and IPv6, but promptly drops a client connection on IPv4).

I just tried the latest FreeBSD port (2.1.20) and it seems to work just
fine for me. I just did

cd /usr/ports/net/openldap21
make install
/usr/local/libexec/slapd

then I tried

/usr/local/bin/ldapsearch -x -h localhost -b "" -s base +
/usr/local/bin/ldapsearch -x -h ::1 -b "" -s base +
/usr/local/bin/ldapsearch -x -h 127.0.0.1 -b "" -s base +

and all worked fine. I also tried this from another machine using the
IPv4 and IPv6 addresses of the server, this worked fine as well.

What exactly are you doing? Are you using SASL?

Stig