[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: Are you using OpenLDAP with IPv6, and how useful is it to you?
- To: OpenLDAP Software List <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: Re: Are you using OpenLDAP with IPv6, and how useful is it to you?
- From: Dave Horsfall <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 09:18:45 +1000 (EST)
- Archive: No
- In-reply-to: <20030530152210.A24267@sverresborg.uninett.no>
- References: <20030530152210.A24267@sverresborg.uninett.no>
On Fri, 30 May 2003, Stig Venaas wrote:
> I'm a bit curious how many actually know that they are using IPv6 with
> OpenLDAP and whether it is useful to you. I'm aware that in many cases
> it really doesn't matter, and some are probably using it without being
> aware. This is perhaps a silly question, I ask because I'm involved in
> a project that would like to know something about applications and how
> much IPv6 is actually used. Also, if you have any IPv6 specific issues
> please let me know.
> I think it's best if you send replies directly to me, since most won't
> be all that interested. Although I might post a summary to the list.
Please keep replies on the list. I asked the same question a while
ago, asking whether anyone was using it, and got zero response.
The reason I asked is that on the FreeBSD port, it's configured with
IPv6, which simply does not work (slapd starts and listens to both
IPv4 and IPv6, but promptly drops a client connection on IPv4).
I need to know whether to file a bug with OpenLDAP, FreeBSD, or both.
Dave Horsfall DTM VK2KFU firstname.lastname@example.org Ph: +61 2 9906-7866 Fx: 9906-1556
Corinthian Engineering, Level 1, 401 Pacific Hwy, Artarmon, NSW 2064, Australia