Re: Is there a way to specify "simple authentication" in /etc/openldap/ldap.conf file?

tor, 2003-03-20 kl. 15:57 skrev Ming Deng:

> I'm working with php-ldap which seems to lack of a way to set to simple
> authentication. So I wonder if I can set it in a system wide way for all
> openldap client program.

Deng,

PHP 4 (for me originally 4.2.3 and now 4.3.0), at least, /does/ work
without modification with simple (no sls, no tls, no sasl)
authentication.

You can add all of the latter to your PHP code, since they are basically
ldap-server based, not client-based.

What do /you/ mean by "simple?"

Best,

Tony