Re: Is there a way to specify "simple authentication" /etc/openldap/ldap.conf file?

Tony Earnshaw wrote:
tor, 2003-03-20 kl. 15:57 skrev Ming Deng:

I'm working with php-ldap which seems to lack of a way to set to simple
authentication. So I wonder if I can set it in a system wide way for all
openldap client program.

PHP 4 (for me originally 4.2.3 and now 4.3.0), at least, /does/ work
without modification with simple (no sls, no tls, no sasl)

You can add all of the latter to your PHP code, since they are basically
ldap-server based, not client-based.

What do /you/ mean by "simple?"

Now I figured out php-ldap uses simple authentication by default. The "simple" I meant is just like "-x" in 'ldapsearch -x -b "xxx" '. Now I wonder when php-ldap will support sasl.