Berkely DB/OpenLDAP Upgrade issues

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the installation and functioning of Berkely

We are currently running a RedHat 7.2 with Berkely DB 3.3.11 and
2.0.18. This all runs fine. Now we are in a stage of upgrading our
DS to Berkely DB 4.0.14 and OpenLDAP 2.0.27.

After compliation and installation of both packages on test machines, I
import an LDIF (which is generated by the former configuration) with
(commented out the inedexes), but when running slapindex (uncommented
indexes), I get a segmentation fault. (after it has run a while). This
runs on a Compaq Proliant 1600 with a dual processor config and SMP
It also produces a seg. fault when running slapadd with the indexes

On an other system, where the reindexing succeeded, we got spontanious
hangups of the slapd when deleting entries from the directory. Also the
is interpreted incorrectly. This also runs on RH 7.2, but on a "normal"
Compaq desktop PC.

Does anyone recognize the mentioned problems and are there known
for it?

Thanks in advance for your respone.

With kind regards,

Dennis 't Jong, The Netherlands

De informatie opgenomen in dit bericht kan vertrouwelijk zijn en
is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Indien u dit bericht
onterecht ontvangt, wordt u verzocht de inhoud niet te gebruiken en
de afzender direct te informeren door het bericht te retourneren.
The information contained in this message may be confidential
and is intended to be exclusively for the addressee. Should you
receive this message unintentionally, please do not use the contents
herein and notify the sender immediately by return e-mail.