Berkely DB/OpenLDAP Upgrade issues

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the installation and functioning of Berkely
DB/OpenLDAP.

We are currently running a RedHat 7.2 with Berkely DB 3.3.11 and
OpenLDAP
2.0.18. This all runs fine. Now we are in a stage of upgrading our
corporate
DS to Berkely DB 4.0.14 and OpenLDAP 2.0.27.

After compliation and installation of both packages on test machines, I
can
import an LDIF (which is generated by the former configuration) with
slapadd
(commented out the inedexes), but when running slapindex (uncommented
the
indexes), I get a segmentation fault. (after it has run a while). This
all
runs on a Compaq Proliant 1600 with a dual processor config and SMP
kernel.
It also produces a seg. fault when running slapadd with the indexes
turned
on.

On an other system, where the reindexing succeeded, we got spontanious
hangups of the slapd when deleting entries from the directory. Also the
ACL
is interpreted incorrectly. This also runs on RH 7.2, but on a "normal"
Compaq desktop PC.

Does anyone recognize the mentioned problems and are there known
solutions
for it?

Thanks in advance for your respone.

With kind regards,

Dennis 't Jong, The Netherlands

De informatie opgenomen in dit bericht kan vertrouwelijk zijn en
is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Indien u dit bericht
onterecht ontvangt, wordt u verzocht de inhoud niet te gebruiken en
de afzender direct te informeren door het bericht te retourneren.
The information contained in this message may be confidential
and is intended to be exclusively for the addressee. Should you
receive this message unintentionally, please do not use the contents
herein and notify the sender immediately by return e-mail.