Re: Adding attributes (in a massive way)....

Today at 1:55am, Michael Ströder wrote:

> Frank Swasey wrote:
> > Today at 3:18pm, Michael Ströder wrote:
> >
> > >Which backend type?
> >
> > ldbm using bdb 4.0
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong but IMHO slapadd with bdb is much slower than with
> ldbm. Therefore you former performance comparison of slapadd and ldapmodify
> might solely apply to ldbm backend.

I would recommend using a DB_CONFIG file during the slapadd that turned
off the writing the db after every transaction (I'm at home, and don't
remember the command) to speed up the bdb.

Of course, IMHO, backend bdb isn't ready to be the production backend.
There's no documentation on how to maintain it in the administrator's
guide (or wasn't at my last reading).  You have to go read the C
programmers reference material on sleepycat and extrapolate to the
commands you would want to run on a regular basis.  Further, the
developer's list still is talking about bugs and changes to the
operation of bdb (granted there are still bugs in the ldbm code).

> Ciao, Michael.

Systems Programmer              | Always remember: You are UNIQUE,
                    === God Bless Us All ===