Re: Open ldap with a parent server?

tir, 2003-03-18 kl. 18:52 skrev jamie:
> We are trying to migrate away from Novell for a few reasons. But we are not
> ready to move the staff.. Just the students for now.
> Another reason I want to use openldap instead of edirectory is the support
> is better.. At least that¹s what I have found ;)

Fair enough. 'man slapd.conf' for Openldap 2.1.16 (I can't go back to
previous versions) gives:

# We serve small clients that do not handle referrals,
# so handle remote lookups on their behalf.

database  ldap
suffix    ""
uri       ldap://ldap.some-server.com/
lastmod   off

Note that the suffix is empty, should presumably (don't know for sure)
be the same as your local one.

Tony Earnshaw

247,035 lemmings can't be wrong ...
Ask the man from Framfjord