Re: i have no name!

El vie, 14 de 02 de 2003 a las 16:09, Brian Jones escribió:
> On 2/13/03 9:31 AM, "James Bourne" <jbourne@mtroyal.ab.ca> wrote:
>
> > We have found that using the root user (admin or
> > whatever) and /etc/ldap.secret are not really required.
>
> I would absolutely love to have an understanding of how I could do away with
> the ldap.secret file.

Lets the bind anonymously.  Just comment

binddn ...
bindpw ...

(lets as default).

On your slapd.conf you can define (by example):

access to attribute=userPassword
        by dn="ou=admin,dc=example,dc=com" write
        by anonymous auth
        by self write
        by * none

access to *
        by dn="cn=admin,dc=example,dc=com" write
        by * read

To allow anyone can ask by any attribute but userPassword.

--
German Poo Caaman~o
mailto:gpoo@ubiobio.cl