RE: test fails for version 2.0.27

Unless I am understanding the docs wrong it is supposed to be able to use
either. Here is a snipit from the docs.

4.2.4. Database Software
OpenLDAP's slapd(8) primary database backend, LDBM, requires a compatible
database package for entry storage. LDBM is compatible with Sleepycat
Software's BerkeleyDB (recommended) or the Free Software Foundation's GNU
Database Manager (GDBM). If neither of these packages are available at
configure time, you will not be able build slapd(8) with primary database
backend.

Your operating system may provide one of these two packages in the base
system or as an optional software component. You may need may need to obtain
the software and install it yourself.

BerkeleyDB is available from Sleepycat Software's download page
http://www.sleepycat.com/download.html. There are several versions
available. At the time of this writing, the latest release, version 3.1, is
recommended.

GDBM is available from FSF's download site ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/gdbm/.
At the time of this writing, version 1.8 is the latest release.

Russell