Re: ldapsearch failing

I found the problem, there were more than one copy of ldap.conf on the server, probable left over from an older installation. I copied the correct ldap.conf to /etc and now it's picking up the correct base.

Thanks for all the responses,

fre, 2003-01-03 kl. 22:01 skrev Gopi Mandava:

> When I run " ldapsearch -x "cn=root", I get
> result=32 No Such Object

You haven't populated your directory yet (hints: ldif, slapadd)..

> Looks like the base is set to "dc=example,dc=com" for the search, here is

Your slapd.conf is in the wrong directory. Maybe your ldap.conf is in
the wrong directory, too. You shouldn't have spaces in the BASE.

When I run " ldapsearch -x "cn=root",

'root' could be anyone in the world, couldn't he?. You have to qualify
him with an absolute address.

Tony Earnshaw

When all's said and done ...
there's nothing left to say or do.

e-post:         tonni@billy.demon.nl
www:            http://www.billy.demon.nl

Gopi Mandava                            (703) 267-1735 x307
CoManage Inc.

"I thought of that while riding my bike."
        Albert Einstein, on the theory of Relativity