RE: Restricted replication

If you are using openldap 2.1.x you can selectively replicate attributes using the ‘attr’ directive in the slapd.conf file under your replica statement for a given slave.  For example:

replica host=172.16.20.10:389

   suffix="ou=people,dc=example,dc=com"

   suffix="ou=hosts,dc=example,dc=com"

   binddn="cn=Manager,dc=example,dc=com"

   bindmethod=simple credentials="password”

   attr!=homeTelephoneNumber, streetAddress

The ‘attr!=’ equality tells slurpd not to replicate the attributes on the right side of the equality.  An ‘attr =’ statement would dictate the attributes that you wanted to replicate.

Mike