Re: Evolution ldap search and openldap

At 09:14 AM 1/3/2003, MALFILATRE David wrote:
>hi
>
>since the new version 1.2 of evolution (graphical email client from ximian ) I can no longer make any search in my ldap directory.
>
>Before with the version 1.0.x of evolution the, ldap search worked fine.
>
>I have dumped the request evolution makes :
>
>(&(mail=*)(|(mail=malf*)(|(cn=malf*)(sn=malf*))(displayName=malf*)(|(undefined)(undefined)&((!(badfilter))(sn=malf*)))))

Well, this is not a representation of request the client made,
but a representation of how the server has initially interpreted
the client provided filter.  The format is not intended to be
directly reusable as it includes components such as (undefined)
and (badfilter) [2.1 uses a different notation].  The components
indicate that the client is making attribute value assertions
for undefined attribute types and/or making inappropriate
assertions defined attribute types and/or doing other odd
stuff.