Evolution ldap search and openldap

since the new version 1.2 of evolution (graphical email client from ximian ) I can no longer make any search in my ldap directory.

Before with the version 1.0.x of evolution the, ldap search worked fine.

I have dumped the request evolution makes :

I have just tried this request with an ldapsearch it doesnt work and then added braces around |(undefined)(undefined) and it works great.

Some people on ximian ml have talked about it and they now say it works fine with the first request but not for me.

I have tried with 2.0.15 and 2.0.27 of openldap.

How can I solve this problem.

Thanks in advance