RE: guaranteed up-to-date BDB backup?

>Do you happen to know if Linux supports shared mutexes?
>I can't see anything about it in the pthread mutex manpages.

I assume not.  There doesn't seem to be any reference to
pth_alloc_shared_mutex or pth_initialize_shared.  But I suppose they could
be called something different.

>From googleing about they seem to only exist in ngpt (next generation
pthreads) and kernel 2.5.x

This message undoubtedly processed by the purely benevolent "US
Department of Homeland Security",  but don't worry... they're
only goal is to protect life, liberty and the pursuit of property.