RE: SASL/OTP woes...

That's just the way the OTP mech works. It can't just use the userpassword
because it has to rewrite some state information after each use. (Otherwise
it would not be a "OTP").

As for the SEGV, you might try running slapd under a debugger so that you can
produce a stack trace showing the crash details. I personally don't use the
OTP mech. It seems to crash my slapd immediately on startup, and since I had
no interest in it, I deleted the mech from my installation.

  -- Howard Chu