Re: Performance of Netmeeting/openLDAP server

--On Thursday, November 21, 2002 5:01 PM +0100 Nikola Pecigos <nikola.pecigos@mindgate.de> wrote:

Hey,

after a few days of studying and testing, I succeded to get my
openLDAP-server for NetMeeting to work. The problem is the very bad
performance:-( When I test the server in my LAN, everything is ok and I
can login with windows-clients and see other users in NetMeeting.

When I connect the server to an IP-address on the internet with much
traffic, the server goes down with a very bad performance. About 30
people can login and thats it:-( There are about 1-3 requests per
second. In debug-mode I get the following message with both daemons:

ldap_read: want=1 error=Resource temporarily unavailable
ber_get_next on fd 9 failed errno=11 (Resource temporarily unavailable)

I use openLDAP 2.0.23, ndk 1.2, BerkeleyDB.4.0.14, Heimdal, Cyrus SASL
and OpenSSL.

Has anyone experience with the performance of
opeLDAP-netmeeting-servers?
Does anyone know, why this error occurs?
Does anyone know, how to fix tihs problem?

Greetings and thanks in advance!

Nikola,

What OS are you running on? You might try setting the idletimeout variable if you are running on Solaris. If you are running on Solaris 9, you might want to try Solaris 8.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Senior Systems Administrator ITSS/TSS/Computing Systems Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html