Schema & Strucutal objecclass in 2.1.X (Re: setting up LDAP question)

Adam Williams a écrit :

> >And if it is better to stay with 2.0, do I have to alter something to the
> >ldif file and the local.schema to make it upward compatible with the
> >2.1.8 version?
>
> No,  you can move up from 2.0.x to 2.1.x without any more work than a
> pair of slapcat & slapadd commands --- **IF** you READ and FOLLOW the
> LDAP version 3 documentation/specificaion.  2.0.x will let you cut
> corners on the protocol spec that 2.1.x will *NOT*.  So if you cut
> corners you'll have to massage your Dit slapcat-ed from 2.0.x in order
> to slapadd it to a 2.1.x DSA.

Where do you read those documentation/specification that 2.1.X rely on ?
Espacially the famous structural objectclass problem that I am fighting
with :-(
What astonish me is that even schemas that comes with openldap 2.1.8
don't seem to respect those scpecifications, eg I get problems with
posixAccount objectclass and kerberosSecurityObject!.
Do I have to rewrite all the objectclass definitions ? or change all my
entries objectclass ?

Here's what all my users entries get:

objectClass: top
objectClass: inetLocalMailRecipient
objectClass: person
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: account
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: IntE-user          # My personnal objectclass
objectClass: labeledURIObject
objectClass: strongAuthenticationUser
objectClass: certificationAuthority
objectClass: shadowAccount
objectClass: kerberosSecurityObject

--
Jehan Procaccia
Institut National des Telecommunications| Email: