Re: client dns lookups, can they be disabled?

ons, 2002-09-25 kl. 16:32 skrev Stig Venaas:

> > tor, 2002-09-19 kl. 15:26 skrev Andrew Findlay:
> > > If DNS lookups have a significant effect on search time, there is
> > > something badly wrong with your DNS setup. DNS lookups on domains
> > > under your control should be lightning-fast.
> > As DNS admin: Seconded!

> What if I'm using LDAP to store my zone data, and the client connecting
> is BIND, and BIND cannot respond until it has connected to the LDAP
> server... It could be useful for performance as well when you have a
> lot of connections from random people on the net.

What indeed?

As BIND DNS Admin, with the knowledge that I have at the moment, I'd
never use LDAP for storing my zone data.

Any more than I'd stuff LDAP directory data into an SQL database.

But I might learn better, if my elders and betters convinced me that
they could make such things perform better than the way the great
Creator designed them..

Tony Earnshaw

«Da' er vondt å vakna i Trøndelag, dao so' hjarta ditt ligge i Sogn og

e-post:		tonni@billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl
gpg public key:	http://www.billy.demon.nl/tonni.armor

Telefoon:	(+31) (0)172 530428
Mobiel:		(+31) (0)6 51153356

GPG Fingerprint = 3924 6BF8 A755 DE1A 4AD6 FA2B F7D7 6051 3BE7 B981