Re: Problem with high-bit characters

fre, 2002-09-20 kl. 06:41 skrev Dan Lowe:

> I am trying to migrate from Netscape Directory Server 4.x to OpenLDAP
> 2.0.25.  I'm having a hard time figuring out how to get OpenLDAP to
> accept values which might contain high-bit characters (such as é).  For
> those reading this in something that renders only low-bit ASCII, what I
> have there is an "e" with an accent mark above it.  This is commonly
> used in non-English languages such as French - similar to ó ("o" with
> accent mark) used in for instance Spanish.

> In any case, I have such characters in an attribute mailAutoReplyText
> (which as the name implies contains a string used when email
> auto-replies are in use).  In the LDIF exported by Netscape, this
> string is base64-encoded, for instance:

> mailautoreplytext:: VGhpcyBpcyBhIHTpc3Q=

> Which decoded reads "This is a tést".

Search for the string "UTF-8" in the Openldap admin guide, gettaple from
www.openldap.org. I have no trouble inputting names like Bjørn or Åge
(Bjoern, Aage) :-)

Hope this helps,

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

Tha can allway tell a Yorkshireman, but tha canna tell 'im much.

e-post:		tonni@billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl
gpg public key:	http://www.billy.demon.nl/tonni.armor

Telefoon:	(+31) (0)172 530428
Mobiel:		(+31) (0)6 51153356

GPG Fingerprint = 3924 6BF8 A755 DE1A 4AD6 FA2B F7D7 6051 3BE7 B981
3BE7B981