Re: program compiling LDAP

Hi,

sorry for coming into in the middle of the thread :o)

I experienced the following :

I'm using LINUX with Kernel 2.4.19 on x86-hardware.

My intention is to "upgrade" an "old" 2.0.25 which now uses
berkeleydb3 to use berkeleydb4.

berkeleydb4 is installed in /usr/local/berkeleydb4.
berkeleydb3 is installed in /usr/(lib/include ...)

So i made a script wich invokes the following lines
(hope i remember correctly cause now i don't have access to
the machine)

[..]
export LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/berkeleydb4/lib"
export CPPLAGS="-I/usr/local/berkeleydb4/include"

./configure \
[..]
 --enable-ldbm \
[..]

Now, what happens is, that ldd on slapd shows me ,
that slapd uses both berkeleydb3 and berkeleydb4 ...

Can't show you output of ldd (cause no chance to reach machine) ...

What's wrong in what i'm doing ?

Greets Harry

--
Werden Sie mit uns zum "OnlineStar 2002"! Jetzt GMX wählen -
und tolle Preise absahnen! http://www.onlinestar.de