Re: program compiling LDAP

What version of Openldap are you using? My experience has been 2.1.4
looks for db4 but anything lower such as the most recent stable release
2.0.25 looks for 3.3.11 so change your cppflags and ldflags,
ld_library_path to look for the 3.3.1 release. Finally try to do a find
on db.h. I had a similar problem while building auth_ldap where it
found multiple versions of ldap.h and got confused. finally, you
probably have to specify some flags to your configure script. here is
one that I've used recently with 2.1.4

./configure \
--enable-debug \
--enable-crypt \