Re: Suggest slapd loglevel

On Fri, 13 Sep 2002 10:29:44 -0500 (CDT)
Caylan Van Larson <caylan@cs.und.edu> wrote:

> > > I know of the numbers but I was wondering if someone had any experience
> > > with getting "good" crash related information out of the logs.

> > I should have asked before, but what versions of openldap, db libs,
> > etc are you using?  What OS and build environment?  (If linux, which
> > gcc, which glibc?)

> openldap-2.0.9

Consider upgrading to at least openldap 2.0.25.  I don't think anyone
here is interested in tracking down bugs that have likely been fixed
already.

If I recall correctly, versions in that era might have had security
concerns as well.

> ldbm backend
> 	[root@slurpy local]# rpm -qa | grep db
> 	db3-3.2.9-4
> 	gdb-5.0rh-15
> 	db3-3.3.11-6
> 	db1-1.85-7
> 	db2-2.4.14-7
> 	db3-devel-3.2.9-4
> 	gdbm-1.8.0-10
> 	pwdb-0.61.1-3
> 	db3-utils-3.2.9-4
> 	gdbm-devel-1.8.0-10
> 	kdbg-1.2.1-5
> 	db1-devel-1.85-7

Yes, but you should check which library it was linked against.  gdbm
is undesirable for a number of reasons.

> RedHat 7.2
> 	[root@slurpy local]# uname -a
> 	Linux slurpy 2.4.7-10 #1 Thu Sep 6 17:27:27 EDT 2001 i686 unknown
>
> [root@slurpy local]# rpm -qa | grep gcc
> gcc-c++-2.96-98
> gcc-2.96-98
> gcc-g77-2.96-98
> gcc-objc-2.96-98

I don't run redhat myself, but if I'm not mistaken that is the
infamous broken compiler that they ship.  You might want to look into
upgrading to a stable development toolchain before you recompile
openldap.

Also, linux 2.4.7 is a bit out of date as well.  Over a year or so.
2.4.19 is the current Stable kernel at this time.  (Probably not
related to the troubles you are seeing)

Matthew Backes
lucca@csun.edu