Re: DNSSRV (was: Splitting directory over backends)

Adam Williams wrote:
The fallback to the DNSSRV backend would be a similar thing; supporting it
locally could be useful to offload the root.openldap.org service and
provide quicker service to internal users.

Just curious: How many domains have a SRV RR _ldap._tcp.<domain> so that it's worth thinking about offloading root.openldap.org?

On the public side?  We don't, but I'd certainly be willing to add one
if somebody actually wrote something that used it.  This sounds very
interesting.

We don't on the internet; however, we're doing some interesting things with it to have automatic load balancing and new slave detection in a heavily loaded environment.

Pierangelo.

--
Dr. Pierangelo Masarati               | voice: +39 02 2399 8309
mailto:pierangelo.masarati@polimi.it  | fax:   +39 02 2399 8334