Re: machine required

Claudie David writes:

Hello,
I'd like to know what kind of machine is required for a "big openldap
directory". For example for more than 1000 entries,

1001 or 100000 ?

and a lot a connexions each hour,

10? 100? 1000? 1000000?

I assume that the machine where the directory is
must be very powerful . I didn't find information about the machines
required, could someone help me?

I'm afraid there's no golden rule (especially with the detailed
requirements you provide :); you may browse thru the FAQ or the
archives to find out suggestions for hardware requirements,
and significantly tips for performance tuning (which may depend
on the system and on ancillary software, e.g. Sleepycay db,
filesystem settings and so).

Pierangelo.

Dr. Pierangelo Masarati | voice: +39 02 2399 8309
Dip. Ing. Aerospaziale | fax: +39 02 2399 8334
Politecnico di Milano | mailto:pierangelo.masarati@polimi.it
via La Masa 34, 20156 Milano, Italy | http://www.aero.polimi.it/~masarati