Re: Change over to anonymous binds

Jim C wrote:
Well I've tweedled with the settings and now it works BUT for some reason it only works on the client.
In ldap.conf on the server I have the name of the ldap server set to 127.0.0.1 but other than that the file is
the same as for the client. I have all of the same ssl settings and I even tried changeing the password format
back to {crypt} to see if that would make a difference... I don't get it.

Clue please?

Use FQDN instead of 127.0.0.1. If your' using ssl with a self signed certificate, the HOST entry in ldap.conf should be the same as the CommonName field in the cert.

hope this helps

paul