Change over to anonymous binds

Where can I get some tips on how to configure anonymous binds?
Up until now I have been using proxyuser.

So far I've changed the slapd.access.conf file to read:

   # This is a good place to put slapd access-control directives
   access to dn=".*,dc=microverse,dc=net" attr=userPassword
           by dn="cn=root,dc=microverse,dc=net" write
           by dn="cn=proxyuser,dc=microverse,dc=net" read
           by self write
           by anonymous auth
   #       by * auth

   access to dn=".*,dc=microverse,dc=net" attr=mail
           by dn="cn=root,dc=microverse,dc=net" write
           by self write
           by * read

   access to dn=".*,ou=People,dc=microverse,dc=net"
           by * read

   access to dn=".*,dc=microverse,dc=net"
           by self write
           by * read

I assume some changes will also be needed to ldap.conf but I am not sure what they are.
Can I just comment out the line that specifys the root bind dn as proxyuser?