Re: Uid/Gid Question

On Wednesday 14 August 2002 10:11, Aly Dharshi wrote:
> Okay, I plan to use OpenLDAP on RH7.3 to do authentication, so the PAM
> stuff will be active, also suppose that /etc/nsswitch will have the ldap
> switch in there, the question is will getpwuid() check files first and then
> will it consult ldap to see if there is that id in use or not ?

It is the case with me here.  I'm using OpenLDAP on RH7.3 and enable
authentication using authconfig.  I'm using IDEALX's perl script to adduser,
and in the script, they're using getpwuid.  Maybe you want to check their
script at http://samba.idealx.org/

I'm also using PHP's posix_getpwuid to do iteration to get a new uid, and it
works.  But, since I'm no expert in this, hopefully someone can explain the
details about your questions.