Re: Uid/Gid Question

Hello,

Another option is if your application keeps track of the next available uid itself and increments this as necessary. We use PHP so this is hard to do, lots of locking issues. JSP application server would do this easily as you could keep the next available uid variable in application scope.

But what if I have to add a user today and then 10 tommorrow ? How would I keep track of the uid, wouldn't the application scope be for the duration of the run of that JSP application server (have no clue about Java as you prolly can tell)

	Cheers,

	Aly.

--
Aly Dharshi