Re: Updateref Ignored, Part Duex: The Final Chapter

>Well, at least I hope this is the final chapter.
>I'm still having some replication problems.  With kind help from
>Kurt Zeilenga I came to understand that it is not a good idea to
>have my rootdn and updatedn be the same.  So I've added a user for
>purposes of replication.
>This works well on my master slapd server.  I can now
>add/modify/delete users there and have changes successfully
>replicate the slave.  But I am still have problems at the slave
>end.  Basicly, when I try to add users using my new "Replicator"
>account on the slave the go strait to the database and ignore my
>updateref directive.

Of course.  If you are 'signed on' as the replicator, slapd assumes you
are the master and updates it's database accordingly.  A user should never
user (or really even know about) the replicator account.  Sign onto the
slave as a ***user*** and make changes,  and you should see the referral.