Re: libldap: ldap.h: LDAP_VERSION3 and LDAP_VERSION

man, 2002-08-05 kl. 17:55 skrev Peter A. Savitch:

> As I can see, v2 binds are prohibited by default in slapd 2.1.3.
> But ldap.h still defines LDAP_VERSION to be LDAP_VERSION2.

> This v2/v3 mess potentionaly confuses OpenLDAP users. I'm working with
> Exim developers to improve Exim+OpenLDAP solution, and I don't know
> what to suggest them.

Peter,

Perhaps I've misunderstood you; if so, it's my fault :-)

I use Exim 4.10 and Openldap together. All I've wanted, at the moment,
is Lachman-Laser mail routing (instead of /etc/aliases) and user mail
forwards.

The above all works beautifully with Exim 4.10; all I've done is to put
the requisite 'allow bind_v2'in slapd.conf. For the rest I followed
Dman's and Philip Hazel's examples to get it to work.

I'm no developer ...

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

The usefulness of RTFM is vastly overrated.

e-post:		tonni@billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl
gpg public key:	http://www.billy.demon.nl/tonni.armor

Telefoon:	(+31) (0)172 530428
Mobiel:		(+31) (0)6 51153356

GPG Fingerprint = 3924 6BF8 A755 DE1A 4AD6 FA2B F7D7 6051 3BE7 B981
3BE7B981