ERROR: Constraint violation

We have our OpenLDAP server 2.0.25 up and running smoothly for about 3 days.
Today I added another server on a different physical box.  And I made it an
exact replica of the 1st.

So with 2 identical OpenLDAP servers running on different machines I tried
to make one a master and one a slave.  Any idea why?
Both servers are using the exact same schemas.

On the master I added the appropriate syntax to the slapd.conf file.
I stopped both servers.
And then I started slapd on both servers and slurpd on the master.
When I modify something on the master OpenLDAP server I get this in the
hostname.mydomain.com:389.rej file:

ERROR: Constraint violation
replica: corr10.doc.state.vt.us:389
time: 1028135766.1
dn: uid=jkezar + cn=Joseph Kezar, ou=Central Office, ou=People, o=Vermont
Department of Corrections, c=US
changetype: modify
add: telephoneNumber
telephoneNumber: +1 802 241 5512
-
replace: modifiersName
modifiersName: cn=manager,o=Vermont Department of Corrections,c=US
-
replace: modifyTimestamp
modifyTimestamp: 20020731171606Z
-

ERROR: Constraint violation
replica: corr10.doc.state.vt.us:389
time: 1028136286.0
dn: uid=jkezar + cn=Joseph Kezar, ou=Central Office, ou=People, o=Vermont
Department of Corrections, c=US
changetype: modify
delete: uid
uid: joe.kezar