Re: LDAP mail routing

On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 05:53:35PM +0530, dinesh.parbate wrote:

> I have included 'misc.schema' in my slapd.conf for mail routing( I have
> commented attribute 'rfc822MailMember'and objectclass 'nisMailAlias' as
> they were giving problems when i ran slapd).

That probably means that you have not included some other schema file
that they depend on. Try something like this:

include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/openldap.schema
include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema
include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/misc.schema

> Now i have added following 3 lines in /etc/mail/sendmail.mc(My host name
> is nemesis.atg & base dn is also the same)
>

> FEATURE(`ldap_routing')dnl
> LDAPROUTE_DOMAIN(`nemesis.atg')dnl
> define(`confLDAP_DEFAULT_SPEC',`-h nemesis.atg -b dc=nemesis,dc=atg')dnl
>
> & I generated sendmail.cf (by m4 )

And copied that file into the right place?

> The entries are clear & can be fetched by ldapsearch....
> But the mails to rahul@nemesis.atg are not being routed(forwarded) to
> dinesh@nemesis.atg. Instead, the local deleivery is happening i.e mail to
> rahul@nemesis.atg is delivered locally to rahul@nemesis.atg

Is Sendmail actually doing LDAP lookups while handling mail? Try
running slapd with log level 768 and watching the log to see what
queries and results you get.

You will probably get more useful answers if you send your query to a
Sendmail-related list.

Andrew
|        Andrew.Findlay@skills-1st.co.uk       +44 1628 782565        |