Re: eudora + login

Previously, John Dalbec wrote:
> http://developer.netscape.com/docs/manuals/communicator/ldap45.htm
>
> In your "prefs" file you can add the line
> user_pref("ldap_2.servers.<server name>.auth.dn", "<dn>");
>
> Granted, there's no GUI for this, but you only have to do it once per
> client.  (Or are these shared clients?)  I haven't tried it with "@"
> characters, so I don't know what will happen in that case.

Interestingly, this also does not work.  OpenLDAP's logs show that
Communicator is logging in with the proper DN, this succeeds, it performs a
search with the proper base, it seems to succeed, yet no results are
returned.  Using ldapsearch on the commandline with the same credentials,
base and filter, I get a match, but in Communicator I don't.  The data in
this directory hasn't changed since I was allowing anonymous binds, so the
results being sent back to the client should be exactly as they were when
it was working in an anonymous-bind environment.

Curiouser and curiouser.  I actually would like to get Communicator 4.x
working, since I understand one of our larger branch offices is still using
it for most of their email.

--
Never appeal to a man's "better nature." He may not have one. Invoking his
self-interest gives you more leverage.			-Robert Heinlein