Re: OpenLDAP + Microsoft Outlook

Pine / PC-Pine is the open source eMail client that is closest to being a reasonable competitor to Outlook at the present.  Pine does support LDAP & SSL;  however, it has an inconsistent user interface and is a bit "clunky", in my opinion.

I'm working on a Java eMail client that will support LDAP/SSL and hopefully be similar in "look & feel" to Outlook.  It's at least a month away from being ready, and whether I make it publicly available and how (e.g., open source) is an open question at present.

-- Dean Gibson