Re: OpenLDAP 2.1 Released

At 05:30 AM 2002-06-10, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:

>    Kurt>     This release contains the following major enhancements:
>
>    Kurt> * SASL authentication/authorization mapping
>    Kurt> * SASL in-directory storage of authentication secrets
>
>How much of this is finished/working (at all)? And is it what I think
>it is? Exactly WHAT is it?

To find out exactly what it is, you'll likely have to read
the source code....

SASL authentication/authorization mapping support provides
mechanisms to map SASL authentication identities to
SASL authorization identities, provide proxy authorization
policy information, etc..  These features are discussed
in the SASL chapter of OpenLDAP 2.1 Admin Guide
<http://www.openldap.org/doc/>.

SASL in-directory storage of authentication secrets provides
a mechanism to use authentication secrets held in the directory
in lieu of secrets held externally (e.g., SASLdb or other
store accessed through Cyrus SASL).  This is not yet detailed
in the OpenLDAP 2.1 Admin Guide.

I believe both are working... but I don't necessarily consider
them finished... I assume they will be refined over time.