RE: OpenLDAP 2.1 Released

Used with Cyrus SASL 2.1.3beta (I assume Cyrus 2.1.4 works as well, haven't
updated yet) slapd inserts its own auxprop plugin that looks up properties
internally in slapd. The authentication mapping must already be configured
to map SASL names to valid DNs otherwise the lookup will fail and the normal
sasldb or whatever other mechanisms will be used.

So far the provided code only affects slapd. An external shared library will
be needed to allow other services to work with LDAP. The LDAP support in
Cyrus SASL 2.1.3+ is unrelated to this work, and only performs cleartext
password validation. The SASL support in slapd handles all forms of SASL
authentication.

  -- Howard Chu