Re: does back-sql bypass ACL ?

I've implemented openldap with sybase, and do not have these problems. I can't totally recall without looking at the code (maybe Kurt knows better), but the access atributes are controlled by the "core" part of openldap. I am using a slightly "older" openldap, but this is the schema I used:
access to attr=telephoneNumber
by self read
by anonymous auth
by * none