Re: web500gw

hi,

If you want to do the port.

Check out this patch.
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-bugs/2000/11/27/0001.html

Maybe someone could start a new project to maintain the source, looks like the current beta has been out for about 4 years now.

PS. I started looking into getting it to compile ( I haven't tried the patch ). I did not see the patch remove accesses to the members LDAP structure. AFAIK, stuff like ld->ld_error was allowed in RFC1823 but not in the current draft that OpenLDAP 2.x follows. So ld->ld_error has to be replaced by the return param of ldap_err2string(), etc. I could not find a similar function for ld->ld_match . Also ldap_set_option() has to be used instead of assigning ld->ld_sizelimit. The RFC they use is at ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc1823.txt and the draft that OpenLDAP uses is at http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-ietf-ldapext-ldap-c-api-04.txt

Between the patch, and these small changes, I think web500gw would work with the current OpenLDAP 2.x.

PS2. You probably should upgrade your OpenLDAP http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-announce/200201/msg00002.html Redhat has updated RPMs on their FTP site.

--Kervin

Jackie Hunt wrote:
Hi all,

We are running web500gw with a Univ of Mich LDAP server.  We're
finally moving on to OpenLDAP 2.0.11, but we'd like to keep web500gw
running.  It has some nice features we'd hate to lose.

I've tried compiling it and run into incomplete struct errors.

I realize web500gw probably wasn't written to work with LDAP 2.0.11.
But I'm still wondering if anyone has it running with OpenLDAP and
if so, what version of ldap? Also, I'd be interested in hearing what ldap-to-http gateways you are using and how well they run.

Thanks much for any info!

Jackie Hunt ACNS Voice: (970) 663-3789 Colorado State University FAX: (970) 491-1958
Fort Collins, CO 80523 Email: jackie@yuma.acns.colostate.edu