Re: replication between different versions of openldap

I don't think so. Because OpenLdap 1.x and 2.x use different version of LDAP protocol (V2 and V3) the replication is not recommended (I don't even think that's possible).
A better way to do it, is to migrate your old openldap 1.x to 2.x, and then configure both server for replication (it's working great)