Re: SSL problems, certificate missmatch [ new details ]

Hi Norbert,

I did what you recommended, but I got the same error whether I pass FQDN or
"localhost" to ldapsearch.  The reason seems to show in the following
diagnostics as ldap_connect_to_host: always tries to use my ISP provided IP
address.  On the other hand I created a new certificate with CN= localhost.
Is there a way around this so I can use loopback (localhost)?

Thanks in advance for any further input and advice

The response ------- snip ---------------------------
ldap_new_socket: 3
ldap_prepare_socket: 3
ldap_connect_to_host: Trying XX.YY.Z.214:389      <========= my IP address
ldap_connect_timeout: fd: 3 tm: -1 async: 0
ldap_ndelay_on: 3
ldap_is_sock_ready: 3
ldap_ndelay_off: 3
ldap_int_sasl_open: FQDN                                       <========= my
ldap_delayed_open successful, ld_host is (null)
TLS trace: SSL_connect:before/connect initialization
TLS trace: SSL_connect:SSLv2/v3 write client hello A
TLS trace: SSL_connect:SSLv3 read server hello A
TLS certificate verification: depth: 0, subject:
t.net, issuer:
TLS trace: SSL_connect:SSLv3 read server certificate A
TLS trace: SSL_connect:SSLv3 read server done A
TLS trace: SSL_connect:SSLv3 write client key exchange A
TLS trace: SSL_connect:SSLv3 write change cipher spec A
TLS trace: SSL_connect:SSLv3 write finished A
TLS trace: SSL_connect:SSLv3 flush data
TLS trace: SSL_connect:SSLv3 read finished A
TLS: hostname (FQDN) does not match
common name in certificate (localhost).ldap_perror
ldap_start_tls: Success