Re: Total ldap Newbie question, hit me if you want.

--Le mercredi 3 avril 2002 22:45 +0100 Sean Rima <sean@tcob1.net> disait:

After some time using Linux, I have decided that it is time to extend my
knowledge of various detailed aspects and OpenLdap was the one that I
decided to hit upon.

I installed the latest openldap server and utils and have done the basic
setup as per the quick start guide.

I grabbed a HOWTO and tried to add a user:
dn: cn=Sean Rima,dc=tcob1,dc=net
objectClass: person
cn: Sean Rima
cn: The Civvie
sn: Rima
title: The One and Only
mail: sean@tcob1.net
uid: sean

but when I do ldapadd -f newex I get: adding new entry "cn=Sean Rima,dc=tcob1,dc=net" ldap_add: Object class violation additional info: attribute 'title' not allowed

ldif_record() = 65

I have gone through the docs and cannot dind out what I am doing wrong

Error code 65 indicates an InsufficientModestyError. Titles such as "The One and Only", "The Best", "His or Her Highness", etc. are not allowed by RFC2251.

David Olivier

 Les canards et les pigeons,
 les porcs et les agneaux
 mettent leurs gouttes de sang
 sous les multiplications;
 et les terribles hurlements des vaches étripées
 emplissent de douleur la vallée
 où l'Hudson s'enivre d'huile.
                Federico Garcia Lorca

Veggie Pride 2002 ?