Re: h/w configurations

On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 09:35:38AM +0530, gayathri wrote:
> Hi all,
>     Good Day. Since my knowledge at deciding h/w requirements is very low, I
> m posting this query. Can anyone please guide me?
>
> I need to know the hardware requirements if I need a server should hold
> openldap with about 50000-1 lakh entries and also has another software

For those non-hindi speakers - 1 lakh == 100,000

> running heavily in it ( like sapdb).
>
> I'm in need of this configuration to advice my client. Thanks to all who can
> help me.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Regards
>
> A. Gayathri

 I'd go with the best AMD-based machine your client can afford.
Plenty of RAM (cheap) and a big-enough hard-disk (SCSI, if
possible). The more you spend, the better it'll be :-)
Hard disks are not expensive. RAM is not expensive. Get plenty of
RAM, a big enough disk (>10GB ?) and as fast a processor as you
want.

Bob
--
You are confused; but this is your normal state.